Wednesday, January 13, 2010

These are a few of my new favorite things!

I am much happier here than I have been in a long time. So, I felt the urge to list the especially wonderful aspects of my new life, because ... well ... let's be realistic. It could all change in a heartbeat. But somehow I have the feeling that I really do like it here!

1. Seeing my son in his French blue down jacket with his red fleece race car hat.
2. Sledding--if you don't like sledding, you are a communist. And you probably hate puppies and coffee too.
3. Not stepping on a scale--or caring, really, what the number would be if I did.
4. Cheese
5. Cheese
6. The new cheese I discovered at the Co-op with some fancy French name I can't pronounce.
7. Driving to work early in the AM, while it is still dark, quiet and seeing the orange glow of glass being blown into beautiful shapes through the window. I am so proud of what my company makes.
8. Working with an amazingly fun and talented team of designers and visual merchandisers.
9. Going to the local hardware store for $1.00 coffee each morning (that I like better than Starbucks) and gas I don't have to pump. They have everything there ... this morning I bought feminine products, a banana and a pair of black socks. All my other black socks were dirty and I am sick of laundry.
20. My knitting circle. Most wonderful group of women!
21. My son's preschool. He couldn't be happier.
22. Snow plow operators.
23. Not locking doors (I know I still should, but the last theft in my town was 17 years ago. Murder ... never happened.)
24. My corner office from which I can watch the snow fall.
25. My husband who taught me everything I needed to know about staying warm and driving safe.
16. Bun warmers in my husband's car.
17. A garage.
18. My beautiful surroundings.

No comments: